Foster parents change lives
If you have got room in your home and a space in your heart you could make a life changing difference to a child by fostering. And it’s not all about changing their life, you’ll be changing yours in the process by helping someone and receiving up to £445 per week.
This website tells you what fostering is all about and how important it is to the life of a child. Please contact us, we have a simple process you can follow to become a Waltham Forest foster carer, register online or give us a call on 020 8496 3000 to find out more and start your application.
Fostering means you provide an alternative family home for children who cannot, for a variety of reasons, live with their own families. This care can be short or long term, and makes a real difference to a child’s life. Here are ten great reasons to become a Waltham Forest foster carer, as well as changing a child's life you will receive;
- Pay of up to £445 per week which includes your fee in recognition of your skills
- Up to 60 per cent off your Council Tax bill if you live in Waltham Forest or a payment toward your Council Tax if you live out of the Borough
- Discounted membership at any of our six leisure centres in Waltham Forest for you and your family
- Rewards - access to a lifestyle hub of Waltham Forest foster carer’s benefits. This gives you a variety of discounts off major brands
- Outstanding preparation and on-going training (Ofsted commended)
- A dedicated Social Worker and out of hours support
- A support group offering friendship and learning
- An allowance to help with setting up costs
- Fosternet – your very own web portal giving you access to information and training to help with your role
- Free membership with the Fostering Network - a national body for foster carers