We are committed to caring for the young people in our borough that need a home, and that’s where you come in. As a Waltham Forest foster carer you will receive a fantastic package including;
- Payment; up to £467 per week which includes your fee in recognition of your skills
- Up to 66 per cent off your Council Tax bill if you live in Waltham Forest or a payment toward your Council Tax if you live out of the Borough
- Discounted membership at any of our six leisure centres in Waltham Forest for you and your family
- Rewards - access to a lifestyle hub of Waltham Forest foster carer’s benefits. This gives you a variety of discounts off major brands;
- You can save money at over 2,000 of the UK’s favourite retailer
- Purchase discounted cinema tickets
- Find discounts on major attractions, venues and places of interest
- Outstanding preparation and on-going training (Ofsted commended)
- A dedicated Social Worker and out of hours support
- A support group offering friendship and learning
- An allowance to help with setting up costs
- Fosternet – your very own web portal giving you access to information and training to help with your role
- Free membership with the Fostering Network - a national body for foster carers
- We are also implementing the Fostering Network Mockingbird model, which will provide increased peer to peer support for our carers.
We will always place a young person with a Waltham Forest carer ahead of another fostering agency.