The Waltham Forest Fostering Team consists of a number of different highly trained and qualified people who are there to help you along your fostering journey. Whether it is a quick phone call to see if fostering is right for you or your dedicated social worker who will work with you ever step of the way.
Our Fostering team includes:
- A Recruitment Officer who is waiting to receive your call and answer your initial questions. If you wish to apply they will carry out a short telephone interview with you.
- ‘Stage One’ workers who will visit you in your home at a mutually convenient time to discuss your application further and support you through the first stages of your journey to become a foster carer. They will also be your trainers at ‘Skills To Foster’ – a two day course which prepares you for the role of fostering.
- Allocated Social Workers. You will have a dedicated Social Worker from the start of your assessment through to after your approval when you start to care for our young people. Please read more about the process. As an approved carer you will receive ongoing support from your dedicated Social Workers.
- A Training Officer who works alongside your dedicated Social Worker to identify and address your training needs. A wide selection of class room based training is available throughout the year. Our Training Officer also coordinates support groups such our ‘teenager foster carer support group,’ and ‘male carers’ support groups.
- A Team Manager and Deputy Team Manager who are available to speak to you at any point of during your application and after your approval
We are based at Waltham Forest Fostering Service, Sycamore House Town Hall Complex, Forest Rd, London E17 4SU. There will always be a duty worker on site but due to the Covid-19 pandemic, members of the pubic are not currently allowed in the building. The best ways to contact us are by calling our direct recruitment line 020 8496 3437 during office hours or emailing email@example.com .